The Jelbart was built in Australia about 1924 & is the only remaining model world wide.
It was designed to run on crude oil. Two arrived in New Zealand, one went to Canterbury & no one seems to know what happened to it. The other one was purchased by Mr.Parks of Blenheim where it worked on his property near Fairhall. It was later purchased by Mr.Roy Holdaway & his son Geoff for £100 in 1965 with the intention of using it to drive an irrigation pump but that never eventuated. It sat in the shed for a further twenty years where it’s only outing was several trips to the local A&P show. Doris Holdaway has it on loan to the Society & it sits proudly on display in the Denton Building with its estimated value considerably more than the original purchase price.